If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, it’s probably time that you at least re-evaluated your career and how you really feel about your job.
- You can’t picture your future with your current employer.
- You are unhappy or bored at work and spend your time clock watching.
- You are unhappy with your salary.
- You have been passed by for promotion.
- Your current role does not offer any career progression.
- Your current employer does not provide any training and development.
- You feel constantly undervalued.
- You dread going into work in the morning.
- You feel unmotivated.
If this is the case, you need to ask yourself the following questions in order to understand your motivational factors.
- What do you enjoy about your present role?
- What don’t you enjoy?
- What do you feel is missing?
- What have you enjoyed about any previous roles you have done?
- What would be the ideal role / situation for you?
- What salary and benefits would you like to achieve?
- What obstacles are in your way?
Only once you understand these factors, can you begin searching for a new role.
Or why not call one of Deanston Cooper’s industry dedicated Recruitment Consultants and let them find the perfect role for you?