Deanston Cooper is currently recruiting for an Estimator to work for a highly profitable, privately owned civil engineering contractor based in Ayrshire. Estimating for a variety of general civils projects up to £1.5 million, duties will include:
- Preparation of accurate and competitive cost estimates for a wide variety of civil engineering projects
- Reviewing and reporting on the Client’s Enquiry to enable a decision to bid.
- Building up an accurate cost estimate for the works in an elemental and analytical format.
- Preparing an accurate cost estimate for the indirect resources required to carry out the works in accordance with agreed programme & engineering requirements.
- Checking labour & plant resources accumulated in the cost estimate balance with those derived from the tender programme.
- Preparing & presenting the commercial aspects of the tender to the Directors for adjudication and approval.
- Prepare the commercial tender for submission to the Client.
- Managing handover to the delivery team.
The successful candidate will have experience working as an Estimator for another Civil Engineering contractor and will have progressed their career from either a Site Engineering or Quantity Surveying background. You will:
- Be able to work to strict deadlines
- Be able to work on own initiative
- Be able to use analytical methods for rate build ups
- Have excellent communication skills
The client would also consider someone on a part time basis 2-3 days a week or even freelance if preferable.