Deanston Cooper is currently recruiting for an HSE Advisor to work for a national civil engineering contractor on complex, high value projects across the Central Belt.
- Coaching and actively supporting and advising employees including line management and Safety Reps. in complying with company H&S policy and management system, group standards and UK legislation.
- Assisting with incident investigation, analysis and learning associated with H&S related events.
- Supporting the implementation & roll out of any HS relevant continuous improvement activities across area operations i.e. policies and procedures for continuous improvement activities
- Assisting in the delivery & assurance of suitable and sufficient risk assessment as required by legislation
- Reviewing and interpreting current and future HSE demands in connection with business requirements and pending legislation
- Providing specialist advice and support to senior management regarding the management of workplace hazards, risks and environmental compliance
- Ensuring effective communication between Managers, Employees and HSE Department
- Ensuring HSE Programs are consistent with company policies and procedures
- Actively following and promoting the Company HSE policies and liaising with employees, visitors, internal stakeholders, regulators, customers, contractors and consultants as necessary to ensure they are aware of their obligation in complying with HSE Standards
- Conducts HSE inspection of Departments and follows up on findings
- Delivering support and direction in new work bidding processes as required
- Maintain up-to-date information and knowledge on new developments in the area of Safety, Health, Environment and Loss Prevention.
- To review operational process, techniques and equipment to determine preventive measures to reduce air and water pollution, wastage of resources, disposal of hazardous chemicals, etc. on work sites and ensure compliance with environment standards is achieved;
- H&S initiatives, on-site safety and further developing a positive Health & Safety culture
Applications are welcome from candidates who:
- Are qualified as a minimum to NEBOSH level
- Have previous experience working for a civil engineering contractor
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have a full driving licence