Deanston Cooper is currently recruiting for Site Engineers to work for an exceptionally busy regional civil engineering contractor. Projects will include roads, bridges, infrastructure, groundworks, substations and renewables across the Central Belt.
Initial projects will either be in Glasgow, Edinburgh or Perth dependant on the location of the successful candidate.
- Provide engineering and technical skills and expertise to operatives, supervision and management
- Undertake accurate setting out and the management of setting out in line with the project programme of works.
- Interpret engineering drawings and specification and ensure the accurate construction of works in accordance with client requirements
- Advise the commercial team of any technical or engineering changes that could warrant a variation or cost change
- Ensure quality of the construction process
- Ensure that all site works are conducted in a safe manner
- Understand the project programme to enable progress of work on site to be monitored against programme
- Liaise with Health, Safety, Environment and Quality team and provide information on incidents, inspections, near misses and any other matters as required, and in line with reporting timetables.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with the client
Applications are welcome from candidates with:
- HNC Civil Engineering
- Excellent setting out skills
- Previous experience working on civil engineering projects
- Technical ability and good organisational skills
- Good communication skills with all levels of the workforce