This job is no longer available.
You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Deanston Cooper is currently recruiting for a H&S Advisor to work for a regional civil engineering contractor on projects in the Grangemouth area.
- Carrying out safety inspections and reporting the results to management
- Controlling work-pack preparation and review process (RAMS, Permit applications, COSHH, MH, HAV, Noise and Lifting Studies). This includes authoring and reviewing of ‘work-packs’ prior to submission to the client and subsequent re-working if client requires changes.
- Assisting and advising on the safety training needs of the division and ensuring training is arranged, delivered, recorded and validated.
- Reporting injuries and dangerous occurrences required by statute to the Health & Safety Manager.
- Investigating injuries, incidents and dangerous occurrences with a view to suggesting improvements to work practices and preventing recurrence.
- Investigating employees’ concerns in relation to health and safety and reporting these to management.
- Keeping records and statistics on divisional safety performance.
- Advising employees on control measures and protective equipment requirements and encouraging the use of such equipment.
- Organising toolbox talks and giving instruction on safe system of working, employee responsibilities, ensuring safety rules and regulations are in place and being fully implemented.
- Liaising with client site management/supervision and receiving safe system of work information from them.
Applications are welcome from candidates who:
- Are qualified as a minimum to NEBOSH level
- Have previous experience working for a civil engineering contractor
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have a full driving licence