Deanston Cooper’s client is a highly regarded main contractor based in Glasgow carrying out a variety of new build projects up to £30million in value across the Central Belt of Scotland.With continuing success and expansion the Company now requires to supplement their existing Estimating team with the recruitment of an Estimator.
- Responsibility for the preparation of tenders from receipt of documents to submission of tender.
- Preparing and collating tenders by a given deadline based on the scope of work, plans, specifications, BoQ, schedules and inspections
- Sourcing pre contract information
- Negotiating with sub-contractors
- Analysing sub-contractor quotations and checking inclusions and exclusions, and having ability to take off quantities from drawings
- Participating in tender adjudication meetings and pre-contract meetings re successful tenders
- Liaising with Company Management with regard to contract potential
- Overseeing the production of all enquiries
- Identifying the potential risks in projects
- Investigating different scenarios for the construction of the contract
- Rating the bill of quantities taking into account the programme and scenarios.
- Producing a price and final summary sheet for review with Company Management
- Ensuring in-house estimating software is fully updated before and after the contract with design teams, price and results
- Establishing a good working relationship with the client base
Applicants are required to have a minimum of 5 years experience in a main contracting organisation, be familiar with all Standard Forms of Contracts and should hold a relevant qualification. You will have strong industry knowledge and the drive and ambition to deliver the high standards which their clients expect.The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate a wide range of experience pricing projects in the Scottish market, be capable of building up rates & prices and preparing Bills of Quantities when required. Strong communication skills are essential along with good IT literacy.