Deanston Cooper is currently recruiting for a Commercial Manager to work in the Glasgow office of a Scottish regional building contractor working on new build, refurbishment and fit out projects up to £5 million in value, across the Central Belt.
- To liaise with the operational management and advise on all matters relating to Contract and Commercial issues.
- To maintain accurate financial control systems and report monthly on Cost/Value Reconciliation.
- To liaise with and advise on all financial aspects of contracts, ensuring that valuations are maximised, certified and paid on time.
- To monitor progress on site and take a lead issuing required notices in accordance with contract procedures and timescales.
- To ensure that monthly meetings are held to agree variations and not left to the final account stage.
- To ensure that quotations for additional works are accurate and received on time.
- To manage subcontractors accounts accurately and effectively to enhance contract performance.
- Gain competitive advantage
- Attend Progress and other meetings as necessary to represent the company’s interests.
- To assist the site management team, as required, securing materials and Sub-contractors to ensure that contracts are completed on time and within budget.
Applications are welcome from candidates with:
- Minimum of HND Quantity Surveying
- Relevant experience at Senior QS or Commercial Manager level, gained working for another building or fit out contractor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills
All applications received will be on a confidential basis and I would be more than happy to discuss the company and opportunity with you in more detail.