Deanston Cooper is currently recruiting for Site Engineers to work for a highly successful and extremely busy national civil engineering contractor on major projects including roads, windfarms and pipelines.
Due to project locations applicants must be prepared to work across the UK. Accomodation and subsistence will be provided if required.
- Provide engineering and technical skills and expertise to operatives, supervision and management
- Undertake accurate setting out and the management of setting out in line with the project programme of works.
- Interpret engineering drawings and specification and ensure the accurate construction of works in accordance with client requirements
- Advise the commercial team of any technical or engineering changes that could warrant a variation or cost change
- Ensure quality of the construction process
- Ensure that all site works are conducted in a safe manner
- Understand the project programme to enable progress of work on site to be monitored against programme
- Liaise with Health, Safety, Environment and Quality team and provide information on incidents, inspections, near misses and any other matters as required, and in line with reporting timetables.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with the client
Applications are welcome from candidates with:
- HNC Civil Engineering
- Excellent setting out skills
- Ideally previous experience working on a roads / structures project
- Technical ability and good organisational skills
- Good communication skills with all levels of the workforce