Deanston Cooper is currently recruiting for Site Engineers to work for a highly successful and extremely busy privately owned civil engineering contractor based in Glasgow. Projects are general civils and water & waste water, across the Central Belt.
- Provide engineering and technical skills and expertise to operatives, supervision and management
- Undertake accurate setting out and the management of setting out in line with the project programme of works.
- Interpret engineering drawings and specification and ensure the accurate construction of works in accordance with client requirements
- Advise the commercial team of any technical or engineering changes that could warrant a variation or cost change
- Ensure quality of the construction process
- Ensure that all site works are conducted in a safe manner
- Understand the project programme to enable progress of work on site to be monitored against programme
- Liaise with Health, Safety, Environment and Quality team and provide information on incidents, inspections, near misses and any other matters as required, and in line with reporting timetables.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with the client
Applications are welcome from candidates with:
- HNC Civil Engineering
- Excellent setting out skills
- Previous experience working on civil engineering projects
- Technical ability and good organisational skills
- Good communication skills with all levels of the workforce