Should you apply to one of our permanent vacancies or register with us as being interested in permanent employment, the following process will be followed:
One of our specialist Consultants will contact you to discuss your current situation, career aspirations and reasons for pursuing a new role. Where possible we will endeavour to meet you face to face however due to location and employment commitments we realise this is not always possible. In these situations we will arrange a convenient time to have a telephone interview in order to discuss your requirements and ensure that we are able to fully represent you.
We will require you to provide us with two references to be contacted should you be successful.
During the interview we will fully discuss with you a range of opportunities (both on market and off). If agreed that a company / role is of interest, the following process will be adhered to:
- Deanston Cooper will submit a copy of your CV and brief cover letter to the client, highlighting your relevant skills and experience.
- We will fully represent you throughout the recruitment process and answer any objections that the client may have, in order to secure you an interview.
- Once we have obtained feedback from the client on your application, we will discuss this with you in detail.
- If the client wishes to interview, we will agree a date and time and inform you of the interview format and location. We will provide details about who will be conducting the interview and give as much information as possible about the company and role. You will also receive written confirmation by email.
- After the interview, we will speak to you within 24 hours to gain your feedback on the meeting and thoughts on the role, company and opportunity.
- We will contact you with the client’s feedback within 48 hours of the interview (assuming the client has provided us with this information). At this time we will inform you if the client would like to conduct a second interview, offer you the position or end the process at this stage. If the client decides not to progress with your application, we will obtain detailed feedback as to the reasons for this.
- If a second interview is required, the same process will be followed.
- If you are successful, we will negotiate a salary in line with your expectations and agree a start date.
- We will ensure that you receive your contract of employment and are happy to progress. If you have any queries regarding the contract we will bring these to the immediate attention of the client in order to gain resolution.
- We will fully support you through handing in your notice and will keep in contact throughout your notice period.
- Prior to commencement of employment, we will ensure that you have all the required information for your start date.
- We will remain in contact for the first three months of employment in order to monitor progress and make your transition into the new role and organisation as smooth as possible. After which, for ethical reasons, there will be no further contact, unless you contact us.
- If in the future you are seeking a new role or even just looking to discuss your career on a confidential basis, we would be delighted to hear from you.