Deanston Cooper is currently recruiting an Earthworks CAD Technician to join a civil engineering groundworks contractor based in Livingston.
As an Earthworks CAD Technician, youâ€™ll be responsible for creating detailed 3D earthworks models and plans based on designs supplied by architects and designers for 360o Excavator/Dozer Machine Control and use in precise Volumetric Cut & Fill calculations and Trimble SiteVision. Youâ€™ll also spend time liaising with site engineers and designers to understand design requirements.
The main duties of the role are as follows:
- Reading, evaluating and interpreting designs and drawings.
- Translating & preparing 3D earthworks models of proposed sites and foundation designs using a variety of CAD software programmes.
- Digitising Point Cloud data to produce earthworks surface models.
- Calculating volumes and applying knowledge of earthworks principles to the project.
- Be part of a team to deliver models and drawings of a high standard and accuracy in accordance with design specifications requirements & across all departments;
- Presenting working drawings for use in all stages of the project, tender, construction and completion.
- Documenting and updating drawings.
- Maintaining accurate records.
What weâ€™re looking for:
- Experience in using CAD software programmes (N4ce, LSS AutoCAD etc).
- The ability to create high-quality detailed technical drawings and plans.
- The ability to confidently liaise with a variety of site-based colleagues, external engineers and designers to understand design requirements based on the clientâ€™s needs.
- Great attention to detail.
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills
- Positive and friendly personality, with a â€˜can-doâ€™ attitude
- Able to work flexibly and communicate well within a small, cross-discipline team
- Self-motivated and capable of meeting deadlines
As well as experienced Cad Technicians, the client is also happy to consider candidates who are currently working as a Site Engineer but are looking to move into a more office based role.