Deanston Cooper is currently recruiting for an Estimator to work for a highly successful civil engineering contractor based in Livingston which specialises in the construction of renewable energy projects.
- Preparation of accurate and competitive cost estimates for a wide variety of civil engineering projects
- Reviewing and reporting on the Clientâ€™s Enquiry to enable a decision to bid.
- Building up an accurate cost estimate for the works in an elemental and analytical format.
- Preparing an accurate cost estimate for the indirect resources required to carry out the works in accordance with agreed programme & engineering requirements.
- Checking labour & plant resources accumulated in the cost estimate balance with those derived from the tender programme.
- Preparing & presenting the commercial aspects of the tender to the Director for adjudication and approval.
- Prepare the commercial tender for submission to the Client.
- Managing handover to the delivery team.
The successful candidate will have experience working as an Estimator for another civil engineering or groundworks contractor and will have progressed their career from either a Site Engineering or Quantity Surveying background. You will:
- Be able to work to strict deadlines
- Be able to work on own initiative
- Be able to use analytical methods for rate build ups
- Have excellent communication skills