Deanston Cooper are currently recruiting for a Health & Safety Manager to work for a highly successful, privately owned civil engineering groundworks contractor based in the Livingston area.
As Health & Safety lead for a group of companies, your responsibilities and duties will include:
- Ensuring the company is compliant with all regulations and legislations
- Ensuring that sub-contractors are compliant and working safely at all times
- Ensuring that relevant RAMS are carried out for all Site & Office activities.
- Managing all occupational health and safety surveys
- Managing all training and roll out new training when required
- Completing health & safety inspections on a monthly basis as required
- Carrying out site audits of health & safety paperwork to ensure site is compliant
- Reporting any risks and non-compliances to senior management team and resolve accordingly
- Working alongside site managers and staff to document any issues which arise onsite
- Carrying out full accident investigations if required
- Attending internal & external meetings and outline requirements from a health & safety point of view.
- Ensuring company meets obligations under all safety regulations
Applications are welcome from candidates who are qualified to at least NEBOSH level and who have gained experience working for another groundworks contractor, civil engineering contractor or house builder. Excellent communication skills are a must.