Deanston Cooper is currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor or Senior Quantity Surveyor to work for a multi utility contractor based in Livingston who design, install and connect networks that bring electricity, gas and water to residential developments across Scotland.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a company who are a leader in their field, working in partnership with blue chip house builders and are currently going through an exciting expansion phase.
- Liaising with operational management and advising on all matters relating to Contract and Commercial issues.
- Maintaining accurate financial control systems and reporting monthly on Cost/Value Reconciliation.
- Liaising with and advising on all financial aspects of contracts, ensuring that valuations are maximised, certified and paid on time.
- Monitoring progress on site and take a lead issuing required notices in accordance with contract procedures and timescales.
- Ensuring that all subcontractor quotations are carefully vetted and comply with the specification ensuring that the most competitive bids are obtained
- Ensuring that monthly meetings are held to agree variations and not left to the final account stage.
- Ensuring that quotations for additional works are accurate and received on time.
- Managing subcontractors accounts accurately and effectively to enhance contract performance.
- Attending progress and other meetings as necessary to represent the company’s interests.
- Assisting the site management team, as required, securing labour, materials and subcontractors to ensure that contracts are completed on time and within budget.
Applications are welcome from candidates with:
- Minimum of HNC Quantity Surveying
- Relevant experience gained working for another civil engineering contractor, multi utility contractor or house builder
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills