Deanston Cooperâ€™s client, a highly successful, privately owned civil engineering contractor, has a current requirement for an Estimator to be based out of their Falkirk office.
Responsible for Estimating on a wide variety of general civils projects, duties will include
- Reviewing and reporting on the Clientâ€™s Enquiry to enable a decision to bid.
- Preparing subcontract & materials enquiries
- Building up an accurate cost estimates for the permanent works in an elemental and analytical format.
- Preparing an accurate cost estimate for the indirect resources required to carry out the works in accordance with agreed programme & engineering requirements.
- Checking labour & plant resources accumulated in the cost estimate balance with those derived from the tender programme.
- Preparation of accurate and competitive cost estimates
- Preparing & presenting the commercial aspects of the tender to Directors for adjudication and approval.
- Preparing the commercial tender for submission to the Client.
- Managing handover to the delivery team
- The successful candidate will already be working as an Estimator for another Civil Engineering contractor and will have progressed their career from Site Engineer level.
- HNC/HND or Degree Qualified in Civil Engineering
- Able to meet strict deadlines
- Able to work on own initiative
- Able to use analytical methods for rate build ups
- Good communication skills
- Experience of using computer estimating packages
- A current, clean driving licence is essential.