Deanston Cooper is currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to work for a well regarded regional civil engineering contractor. Initial project involves streetscaping as part of a Â£7 million Active Travel Route in the Falkirk area.
As Quantity Surveyor, your duties include:
- Liaising with operational management and advising on all matters relating to Contract and Commercial issues.
- Maintaining accurate financial control systems and reporting monthly on Cost/Value Reconciliation.
- Liaising with and advising on all financial aspects of contracts, ensuring that valuations are maximised, certified and paid on time.
- Monitoring progress on site and take a lead issuing required notices in accordance with contract procedures and timescales.
- Ensuring that all subcontractor quotations are carefully vetted and comply with the specification ensuring that the most competitive bids are obtained
- Ensuring that monthly meetings are held to agree variations and not left to the final account stage.
- Ensuring that quotations for additional works are accurate and received on time.
- Managing subcontractors accounts accurately and effectively to enhance contract performance.
- Attending progress and other meetings as necessary to represent the companyâ€™s interests.
- Assisting the site management team, as required, securing labour, materials and subcontractors to ensure that contracts are completed on time and within budget.
Applications are welcome from candidates with:
- Minimum of HND Quantity Surveying
- Relevant experience gained working as a Quantity Surveyor for another civil engineering contractor
- NEC Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills