Deanston Cooper’s client is a highly regarded main contractor based in Glasgow carrying out a variety of new build, fit out and refurbishment projects up to £5 million in value across the Central Belt of Scotland. With continuing success and expansion the Company now requires to supplement their existing Estimating team with the recruitment of an Estimator or Senior Estimator.
- Responsibility for the preparation of tenders from receipt of documents to submission of tender.
- Preparing and collating tenders by a given deadline based on the scope of work, plans, specifications, BoQ, schedules and inspections
- Sourcing pre contract information
- Negotiating with sub-contractors
- Analysing sub-contractor quotations and checking inclusions and exclusions, and having ability to take off quantities from drawings
- Participating in tender adjudication meetings and pre-contract meetings re successful tenders
- Liaising with Company Management with regard to contract potential
- Overseeing the production of all enquiries
- Identifying the potential risks in projects
- Investigating different scenarios for the construction of the contract
- Rating the bill of quantities taking into account the programme and scenarios.
- Producing a price and final summary sheet for review with Company Management
- Ensuring in-house estimating software is fully updated before and after the contract with design teams, price and results
- Establishing a good working relationship with the client base
Applicants are required to have a minimum of 3 years experience in a main contracting organisation, be familiar with all Standard Forms of Contracts and should hold a relevant qualification. You will have strong industry knowledge and the drive and ambition to deliver the high standards which their clients expect.The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate a wide range of experience pricing projects in the Scottish market, be capable of building up rates & prices and preparing Bills of Quantities when required. Strong communication skills are essential along with good IT literacy.