Deanston Cooper is currently recruiting for a Business Development Consultant to work for a national manufacturer and installer of glazed demountable partitioning and fire screens for the commercial, retail and hospitality sectors.
Based out of the Glasgow office and covering the Scottish region, duties will include:
- Developing and maintaining an in-depth knowledge and passion for the company’s products and services
- Carrying out research to identify potential new clients and actively pursuing new clientele opportunities
- Pro-actively gaining appointments with Architects and Specifiers to present the products and services offered by the Company
- Responding to all incoming architect enquiries in a quick and efficient manner
- Creating and delivering inspiring and persuasive presentations to deliver to Architects and Specifiers and promoting the Company’s products and services with confidence and commitment
- Analysing client requirements on projects to prepare appropriate strategies and design solutions
- Producing proposals to clients and potential clients
- Responding to quotation requests and assisting with contacting architects working on current tenders.
- Forecasting specification volumes and achieving and exceeding volume specification sales targets
- Developing and managing client accounts
- Ensuring client satisfaction at all times, making sure issues are resolved in order to achieve repeat business and long term client relationships
- Arranging and attending social events (which can take place out of normal working hours) and representing the company in a professional and respectable manner.
Applications are welcome from candidates with:
- Proven sales / business development experience gained within the construction industry
- A keen understanding and passion for architecture and/or interior design.
- Strong relationship building skills and the ability to relate to clients and influence at all levels.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability develop creative and innovative solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of managing budgets and plans
- The ability to use Database Management Systems