Due to continued growth, our client, a privately owned Health and Safety Consultancy with a strong client base within the construction and civil engineering sectors, is looking to recruit an additional Health and Safety Consultant.
Covering client sites and projects across the Central Belt, key responsibilities include:
- Carrying out site / project health and safety inspections and audits to a pre-determined plan, ensuring compliance with all statutory and management system requirements.
- Providing professional advice and guidance to clients on health, safety and environmental issues.
- Co-ordinating the maintenance of documented project/site health and safety procedures, including relevant hazard and risk assessments, for all activities.
- Undertaking accident and incident investigations; identifying immediate and root causes and preventive actions; preparing accurate and professional reports and reviews, including appropriate recommendations where necessary.
- Recognising changes to legislation, guidance and other relevant developments and developing strategies for their implementation where necessary.
- Delivering training, seminars and the facilitation of workshops
Applications are welcome from candidates with:
- IOSH or NEBOSH qualification
- Experience working on building or civil engineering projects
- Full driving licence
- The ability to work largely unsupervised and manage own workload
- Excellent communication and technical report writing skills