Deanston Cooper is currently recruiting for a Contracts Manager to work for a national manufacturer and installer of glazed demountable partitioning and fire screens for the commercial, retail and hospitality sectors.
Based out of the Glasgow office and managing projects across the Scottish region, duties will include:
- Managing the day to day performance of projects within the Contracts Department
- Attending site meetings to establish issues that may have arisen and any additional works that may be required whilst on site
- Ensuring that site needs are met in terms of on-site labour and the provision of adequate materials
- Arranging site labour ensuring that labour rates are agreed prior to project commencement and ensuring subcontract personnel have adequate knowledge and training to comply with current legislation
- Ordering materials with the relevant supplier ensuring the most cost effective rate possible is negotiated
- Ensuring that all costs are logged and monitored and accurate records maintained
- Costing and quoting any variation works required on projects and submitting costs to the client in a timely manner. Ensuring that any additional works are agreed and have a variation order raised prior to works being carried out
- Liaising with both the client’s and the company’s internal Quantity Surveyor on contractual and financial matters
- Carrying out risk assessments on site to ensure compliance with health and safety legislation
- Providing method statements to the client prior to commencement of works on site
- Ensuring client is issued with an Operations and Maintenance Manual on completion of the works
Applications are welcome from candidates at Project Manager or Contracts Manager level who have gained experience within the partitioning or fit out sector. You must be able to work to strict deadlines, within minimum supervision and be prepared to travel to projects across Scotland.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well regarded contractor as they continue to grow and develop their Scottish operation.