Deanston Cooper is currently recruiting for a junior level Contracts Manager to work for an expanding, privately owned Fit Out Contractor based in Glasgow. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing multiple projects across the Central Belt in the commercial, leisure, retail and education sectors.
This is an excellent opportunity for a young, ambitious candidate to be mentored and developed by the owners of the business, with the view to a Construction Directorâ€™s role and potential shareholding within the next five years.
Ensuring that projects are brought in on time and in budget, duties include:
- Managing and overseeing all aspects of project works
- Supervising assigned company personnel and sub-contractors
- Implementing project requirements to fully meet the client specification in accordance with relevant standards.
- Undertaking regular formal inspections of sites and sub-contractors work in accordance with company policy
- Preparing progress reports and technical reports for clients and for internal use
- Ensuring client satisfaction during projects and at handover
- Dealing with contractual matters
- Supporting the preparation of bids when required
- Keeping up to date with industry best practice
Applications are welcome from candidates:
- Ideally qualified to HND / Degree level in a relevant subject although a trades background will still be considered
- With experience working for another Fit Out or Building contractor
- Currently working at Site Manager or Project Manager level but with the confidence and ability to take the step up
- Have a hands-on approach and are proactive and ambitious