Deanston Cooper is currently recruiting for an Estimating Assistant to work for their client, a rapidly expanding, building main contractor based in Glasgow.
Working as part of a highly successful Estimating team on both new build and refurbishment tenders up to £5 million in value, duties will include:
• Checking through tender documents to ensure that the company has received all required information from the client / consultant
• Issuing tender documents to estimating team
• Setting up new tenders on the company’s estimating software
• Issuing tender documents to sub-contractors
• Liaising with Sub-Contractors making sure all quotes are accurate and received in time and entering quotes into the estimating software for pricing comparisons
• Collecting sub contractor queries and forwarding onto the relevant Estimator
• Following up on submitted tenders for feedback.
• Updating Estimating Statistics - Won/Lost/Pending projects.
• Updating diaries for Estimating team
Applications are welcome from experienced Estimating Assistants / Estimating Administrators who have worked for another construction contractor. You will have excellent communication and organisational skills and be proficient using estimating software.