Deanston Cooper is currently recruiting for an Estimating Manager to work for a highly successful, privately owned contractor based in Glasgow. Projects are new build, refurb and fit out, up to Â£5 million in the commercial, residential, leisure and healthcare sectors.
You will be primarily responsible for the review of enquiry and tender information for suitability within the companyâ€™s business activities and to then prepare subsequent estimates from first principles, to be fully detailed and handed to Operations in the event of an order being placed.
Reporting to the Managing Director, key responsibilities include:
- Managing the Estimating department for the company.
- Guiding and mentoring Estimators and Estimating Assistants within the team.
- Reviewing and understanding of tender documents highlighting key aspects, pricing requirements and areas of risk together with mitigation.
- Highlighting potential risk areas
- Assessing tender information and organising quotations from external suppliers/sub-contractors and resolving any queries that arise including technical and commercial compliance.
- Preparing detailed analytical estimates from first principles within defined timescales on complex tenders.
- Producing a fully detailed quotation in accordance with the tender documentation.
- Being creative to develop innovative alternative solutions in order to give a competitive edge.
- Ensuring that all assumptions/exclusions are fully detailed both internally and externally to the client within tender return submission.
- Ensuring that all quotations are in line with Company Procedures.
- Being able to effectively communicate verbally and electronically with all members of the estimating / bid team (Estimators, Business Development Manager and Bid Manager).
- Maintaining relationships with clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Attending site visits where required to build or verify asset data.
Applications are welcome from Estimating Managers or highly experienced Senior Estimators currently working within a main contracting organisation. You will be familiar with all Standard Forms of Contracts and should hold a relevant qualification. You will have strong industry knowledge and the drive and ambition to deliver the high standards which their clients expect. Strong communication skills are essential along with good IT literacy (previous Conquest experience is preferred).