Deanston Cooper is current recruiting for a Health and Safety Manager to work for a highly successful regional building contractor based in Glasgow. The company specialise in new build and refurb projects up to Â£5 million across the Central Belt.
- Providing Company Directors and Divisional Management with advice in relation to relevant UK health, safety & environmental legislation and how it affects the Company operations;
- Ensuring that Company policy and procedures are held under continuous review in order that they comply with current health, safety and environmental legislation, good practice and drive the Company culture to ensure continual improvement;
- Developing the Company supply chain to ensure only competent contractors are permitted to work on projects and are closely monitored through site inspections.
- Ensuring that all projects are audited and reports are issued to Management;
- Ensuring that all incidents, including accidents / near miss incidents and environmental incidents are investigated, reports completed and lessons learnt and communicated throughout the Company;
- Providing detailed reports to the Company Directors on the performance of the Company in relation to stated targets and objectives;
- Assisting the bid team to ensure that health, safety and environmental issues are fully recognised and detailed in bids.
Applications are welcome from candidates with:
- NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent
- At least 5 years experience working in a similar role within the construction industry
- Excellent communication and report writing skills