Deanston Cooper is currently recruiting for a Managing Quantity Surveyor to work for a leading construction and fit out contractor based in Glasgow.
Responsible for managing the commercial function of the business, your duties will include:
- Minimising the cost and risk of construction projects and enhancing value for money, while still achieving the required legal standards and quality
- Ensuring project financials are managed closely
- Providing a key link between commercial and financial functions within the business
- Preparing project and departmental reports as and when required, specifically on the performance of project cost to value reconciliation reports (CVRS), work in progress (WIP) billing updates and Sales Pipeline information.
- Managing and mentoring more junior members of the team.
Applications are welcome from candidates:
- Who are qualified to a minimum of HND level in Quantity Surveying
- Who have gained experience working for another building contractor
- Who are either currently a Managing QS or are at Senior Quantity Surveyor level and ready to take the step up.
- Are commercially and contractually astute
- Have excellent communication and negotiation
This is an excellent opportunity to join an ambitions contractor who are going through a period of strong growth and offers the potential to progress to Commercial Manager / Director level in the short term.