Deanston Cooper is currently recruiting for a Senior Estimator to work for a highly successful, national main contractor in Glasgow specialising in new build projects up to £50 million in value.
You will be primarily responsible for the review of enquiry and tender information for suitability within the company’s business activities and to then prepare subsequent estimates from first principles, to be fully detailed and handed to Operations in the event of an order being placed.
- Prepare detailed analytical estimates from first principles within defined timescales on a variety of tenders.
- Review and understanding of tender documents highlighting key aspects, pricing requirements and areas of risk together with mitigation.
- Highlight to Senior Management potential risk areas
- Assess tender information and organise quotations from external suppliers/sub-contractors and resolve any queries that arise including technical and commercial compliance.
- To produce a fully detailed quotation in accordance with the tender documentation.
- Be creative to develop innovative alternative solutions in order to give a competitive edge.
- Present estimating solutions to the senior management team throughout the tender process
- To accurately populate and complete client pricing schedules as part of tender return submission.
- To ensure that all assumptions/exclusions are fully detailed both internally and externally to the client within tender return submission.
- To ensure that all quotations are in line with Company Procedures.
- Maintain relationships with clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Attend site visits where required to build or verify asset data.
The successful candidates will:
- Have demonstrable experience of estimating and tender activities within a Main Contracting environment
- Have good working knowledge of current pricing for all construction activities and the ability to interrogate sub-contractor pricing
- Ideally be qualified to HNC / HND / Degree level
- Have proven experience in Tender Pricing and accurate completion of all tender documents utilising a computerised estimating package
- Have strong analytical focus & attention to detail
- Be able to work under own initiative.