Deanston Cooper is currently recruiting for an Assistant Estimator to work for a highly successful, regional Civil engineering contractor based in Glasgow. Working alongside the Estimating Manager and estimating for a variety of general civils projects up to Â£10 million, duties will include:
- Reviewing tender documents
- Undertaking site inspections and preparing reports
- Analysing drawings and producing take off's and bills of quantities
- Preparing and sending out tender enquiries to supply chain and reviewing quotations received
- Building up an accurate cost estimate for the works in an elemental and analytical format.
- Preparing the commercial tender for submission to the Client.
Applications are welcome from candidates who:
- Are currently working at Assistant Estimator level for another civil engineering contractor.
- Have 2 years experience working for a civil engineering contractor and will currently be at Site Engineer, Section Engineer or Sub Agent level, with a strong desire to move from working on site and into an office based estimating role.
- Who are currently working within a PQS practice and have a strong desire to move into estimating.
Either way, you will have excellent communication skills and be able to work on your own initiative and to strict deadlines.