Deanston Cooper is currently recruiting for Buyer to work for a highly successful civil engineering contractor based just outside of Glasgow.
The successful candidate will assist with the procurement of goods and services for all operational activities that will ensure best value is achieved where possible. Duties include:
- Liaising with the Estimating Team to provide prices for materials associated with a particular tender or project.
- Obtaining prices for materials, and the subsequent purchasing of materials for secured contracts.
- Using COINS ERP finance system for the administration, collating of information and reporting of all materials purchasing.
- Keeping detailed records and maintaining a well organised work schedule.
- Liaising with sites to assist with the resolution of supply issues as and when required
- Monitoring the supply market to identify potential new suppliers and products and meeting with suppliers to understand their products.
- Understanding the supplier market, keeping abreast of market developments, demand trends and risks
- Establishing performance led, long term supplier relationships focusing on value for money, service & product quality and continuous improvement to drive competitive advantage of the company.
Applications are welcome from candidates with:
- Experience as an Assistant Buyer or Buyer working for a Civil Engineering or Construction Company
- Previous experience using COINS or other finance systems
- The ability to analyse material and resource needs from build specifications/drawings
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills