Deanston Cooper’s client is an innovative multi-disciplinary Engineering Contractor based just outside of Glasgow. Working predominately in the water industry, they offer a full turnkey service to clients, from design to delivery and ongoing maintenance.
As result of continued growth and securing places on long term frameworks, they are looking to recruit a Design Manager.
Leading design input throughout the project lifecycle from tender stage to final handover, duties include:
- Providing strategic direction to in house civil, mechanical and electrical design engineers, ensuring workload is prioritised effectively
- Managing the flow of information from the design team and advising the client of any impact on progress and programme
- Liaising at all times with the client to ensure a satisfactory conclusion is reached to all design related issues
- Providing guidance to the project team on all design related issues, ensuring the clients design requirements are fulfilled
- Providing technical support and mentorship to existing team members, aiding their continued professional development.
Applications are welcome from candidates who:
- Are degree qualified in Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Are ideally Chartered
- Ideally have previous water / waste water design experience
- Have previous design management / supervisory experience working for a contractor or consultancy
- Have excellent team work, analytical and communication skills
Excellent opportunity to join a company with a guaranteed workload and an exceptionally low turnover of staff.