Deanston Cooper is currently recruiting for an Estimator to work in the Glasgow office of a highly successful, privately owned civil engineering contractor.
Reporting to the Estimating Manager, you will be responsible for processing tenders from receipt to submission, on a range of general civils projects across Scotland, up to £10 million in value. Projects can include infrastructure, roads, bridges and water.
- Preparation of accurate and competitive cost estimates for a wide variety of civil engineering projects
- Reviewing and reporting on the Client’s Enquiry to enable a decision to bid.
- Preparing subcontract & materials enquiries for administration & buying team.
- Building up an accurate cost estimates for the permanent works in an elemental and analytical format.
- Preparing an accurate cost estimate for the indirect resources required to carry out the works in accordance with agreed programme & engineering requirements.
- Checking labour & plant resources accumulated in the cost estimate balance with those derived from the tender programme.
- Preparing & presenting the commercial aspects of the tender to the Directors/Senior Managers for adjudication and approval.
- Prepare the commercial tender for submission to the Client.
- Managing hand over to the delivery team
The successful candidate will be currently working as an Estimator for a rival Civil Engineering contractor and will have progressed their career from Site Engineer level. You will:
- Have an HNC/HND or Degree qualification in Civil Engineering
- Be able to work to strict deadlines
- Be able to work on own initiative
- Be able to use analytical methods for rate build ups
- Have good communication skills
- Have experience of using computer estimating packages