Deanston Cooper is currently recruiting for an Estimator to work in the Glasgow office of a highly regarded, family owned, national civil engineering contractor
Reporting to the Estimating Manager, you will be responsible for processing tenders from receipt to submission, on a range of civil engineering projects across Scotland, up to Â£10 million in value.
- Preparation of accurate and competitive cost estimates for a wide variety of civil engineering projects
- Reviewing and reporting on the Clientâ€™s Enquiry to enable a decision to bid.
- Preparing subcontract & materials enquiries for administration & buying team.
- Building up an accurate cost estimates for the permanent works in an elemental and analytical format.
- Preparing an accurate cost estimate for the indirect resources required to carry out the works in accordance with agreed programme & engineering requirements.
- Checking labour & plant resources accumulated in the cost estimate balance with those derived from the tender programme.
- Preparing & presenting the commercial aspects of the tender to the Directors/Senior Managers for adjudication and approval.
- Prepare the commercial tender for submission to the Client.
- Managing hand over to the delivery team
The successful candidate will have gained estimating experience working for another Civil Engineering or Rail contractor. You will:
- Have a minimum of HNC/HND qualification in Civil Engineering or Quantity Surveying
- Be able to work to strict deadlines
- Be able to work on own initiative
- Be able to use analytical methods for rate build ups
- Have good communication skills
- Have experience of using computer estimating packages
This is an excellent opportunity to join a company that has a well deserved reputation in the marketplace for looking after their employees and being a great place to work. It offers a salary up to Â£55 000 plus 15% bonus (which actually pays out), car / car allowance, pension and healthcare.