Deanston Cooper is currently recruiting for Materials Buyer to work for a highly successful, privately owned civil engineering contractor based in Glasgow. As the sole Buyer for the company, you will be responsible for all materials procurement for civil engineering sites throughout Scotland.
- Liaising with the Estimating Team to provide prices for materials associated with a particular tender or project.
- Obtaining prices for materials, and the subsequent purchasing of materials for secured contracts.
- Using COINS ERP finance system for the administration, collating of information and reporting of all materials purchasing.
- Keeping detailed records and maintaining a well organised work schedule.
- Liaising with sites to assist with the resolution of supply issues as and when required
- Monitoring the supply market to identify potential new suppliers and products and meeting with suppliers to understand their products.
- Understanding the supplier market, keeping abreast of market developments, demand trends and risks
- Establishing performance led, long term supplier relationships focusing on value for money, service & product quality and continuous improvement to drive competitive advantage of the company.
Applications are welcome from candidates with:
- Experience as a Materials Buyer working for a Civil Engineering or Building Contractor
- Previous experience using COINS or other finance systems
- Excellent negotiation skills
- The ability to work quickly and to tight deadlines
- The ability to work alone with limited supervision
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills