Deanston Cooper is currently recruiting for a Pre-Construction Project Manager to work in the Glasgow office of a national civil engineering contractor on a long term Scottish Water framework.
The Pre-Construction Project Manager will manage the progression of projects through outline and detailed design development ensuring budgets are set and maintained, programme dates are agreed and maintained. You will ensure wider team engagement through Project promotion engaging with Estimating, SHEQ, Delivery and MEICA teams as well as SW key teams and personnel to ensure the efficient progression of Projects.
- Maintaining good client relationships at all levels
- Ensuring all G70 deliverables are in place prior to accepting the project into prepare
- Managing a multidisciplinary team to take the project through the prepare phase, including all internal and external governance processes
- Ensuring seamless coordination with the clientâ€™s representative(s) including alliance management, TSA and the specialist services delivery team
- Ensuring the team understand the delivery strategy for the projects and are working to that common goal
- Ensuring all Gate 80 deliverables are completed to allow the project to progress through Gate 80 and into delivery
- Coordinating and manage the transfer from prepare to delivery
- Ensuring that the BMS is implemented at all stages throughout the project delivery process, i.e from engagement to handover to Delivery
- Reviewing at the project level, the effectiveness of the BMS as a means of achieving quality, safety and environmental objectives
- Ensuring, in conjunction with the Design Manager, that an adequate Technical, Safety and Environmental review is carried out for each project to ensure successful promotion
- Ensuring that sufficient resources are assigned to projects and that they are aware of their individual responsibilities
- Ensuring that appropriately detailed Project Execution Strategies and all Governance documentation is in place for Gate reviews and progression
- Ensuring works procedures are produced to assist with control quality where applicable
- Ensuring that third party support is identified and managed during the Engineering phases of projects
- Ensure all commercial aspects of the project are managed in a timely and proactive way giving accurate forecast and estimates throughout the monthly reporting cycle
- Understanding and implementing the Quality, Safety and Environmental Policies and Targets
- Being aware of the need to satisfy customer requirements with the aim of enhancing the customersâ€™ perception and satisfaction
- Maintaining an appropriate practical knowledge and appreciation of all technical disciplines associated with delivering water and wastewater design and build projects.
Applicants should have :
- HNC/HND or equivalent qualification in a construction or engineering related discipline
- Experience in multidisciplinary engineering environment in the water industry
- A minimum of 2 years Project Management experiencw
- Working knowledge of CDM and construction Health & Safety
- Excellent oral and written communicator with the ability to work in close partnership with clients and end users.