Deanston Cooper is currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor or Senior QS to work for an exceptionally busy civil engineering contractor based in Glasgow. Projects are up to £7 million in value and include roads, groundworks, infrastructure, bridges and substations
- To liaise with the operational management and advise on all matters relating to Contract and Commercial issues.
- To maintain accurate financial control systems and report monthly on Cost/Value Reconciliation.
- To liaise with and advise on all financial aspects of contracts, ensuring that valuations are maximised, certified and paid on time.
- To monitor progress on site and take a lead issuing required notices in accordance with contract procedures and timescales.
- To prepare forecasts of cost and value of all trades including Preliminaries, monitor and report on same.
- To prepare Preliminaries budgets in association with contract staff, monitor and report on same.
- To ensure that all quotations are carefully vetted and comply with the specification ensuring that the most competitive bids are obtained
- To ensure that monthly meetings are held to agree variations and not left to the final account stage.
- To ensure that quotations for additional works are accurate and received on time.
- To manage subcontractors accounts accurately and effectively to enhance contract performance.
- Gain competitive advantage
- Attend Progress and other meetings as necessary to represent the company’s interests.
- To assist the site management team, as required, securing labour, materials and Sub-contractors to ensure that contracts are completed on time and within budget.
Applications are welcome from candidates with:
- Minimum of HND Quantity Surveying
- Relevant experience gained working for another civil engineering contractor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills