Deanston Cooper is currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to work in the Surfacing Division of one of Scotland's leading Civil Engineering contractors based in Glasgow. This is an excellent opportunity to join one of their busiest divisions offering career progression in the near future.
Working on projects for Blue Chip clients, across the Central Belt, your duties as Quantity Surveyor will include:
- Liaising with operational management and advising on all matters relating to Contract and Commercial issues.
- Maintaining accurate financial control systems and reporting monthly on Cost/Value Reconciliation.
- Liaising with and advising on all financial aspects of contracts, ensuring that valuations are maximised, certified and paid on time.
- Monitoring progress on site and take a lead issuing required notices in accordance with contract procedures and timescales.
- Ensuring that all subcontractor quotations are carefully vetted and comply with the specification ensuring that the most competitive bids are obtained.
- Ensuring that any variations are agreed with the client.
- Ensuring that quotations for additional works are accurate and received on time.
- Managing subcontractors accounts accurately and effectively to enhance contract performance.
- Attending progress and other meetings as necessary to represent the company's interests.
- Assisting the site management team, as required, securing labour, materials and subcontractors to ensure that contracts are completed on time and within budget.
Applications for the role of Quantity Surveyor are welcome from candidates with:
- Minimum of HND Quantity Surveying
- Relevant experience gained working as a Quantity Surveyor for a civil engineering or surfacing contractor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills