Deanston Cooper's client, a highly utilities contractor specialising in district heating solutions, has a current requirement for a Site Manager.
The role will initially be based on a project on Aberdeen for 6 months where there is circa 3.2km of pipeline to be installed. Thereafter projects will be located in the Central Belt. Whilst on site in Aberdeen, hotel accommodation and additional subsistence will be provided.
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager duties will include:
- Managing directly employed workforce and subcontractors
- Managing and optimising the construction programme
- Managing and minimising construction costs
- Fostering and maintaining good working relationships with the client and client representatives
- Leading Safety Management on site for all activities, suppliers and subcontractors
- Providing timely and accurate reports and forecasts for internal purposes
- Leading, motivating and monitoring the site team and developing the strategy as required
- Managing the supply chain
- Supporting all business objectives
Applications are welcome from candidates with:
- Experience working at Section Engineer/ Sub Agent / Site Supervisor / Site Manager level for another civil engineering or utilities contractor
- Experience working on either civils / utilities / water projects
- Knowledge of safety and environmental legislation
- Positive and proactive approach to problem solving
The company offers excellent promotional prospects with the opportunity to progress to Project Manager level available in the short term.