Deanston Cooper is currently recruiting for a Technical Bid Writer / Bid Manager to work for a highly regarded national civil engineering contractor focused on the rail and general civils sectors. The role is based in their office near Glasgow and will support the business through the preparation and submission of Pre-qualification Questionnaires and Tender Quality Submissions.
The post holder will take ownership of and submit completed professional bids to existing or prospective clients, on time and to the requirements of the invitation to tender.
Specific duties include:
- Fully appreciate client requirements and be able to produce documentation and responses that demonstrate a sound understanding and technical knowledge
- Effectively co-ordinate and liaise with clients and internal estimating and operational teams to develop and write bespoke, high quality, successful submissions that demonstrate a clear understanding of PQQ and Quality submission requirements
- Write clear, focussed and logical proposal material and any other documentation ensuring consistency of style, content and message
- Produce specific case studies for supporting submissions
- Robustly review responses against the scoring matrix and criteria provided
- Use technical knowledge to prepare and deliver persuasive bid presentations to prospective clientsâ€™ pre and post tender
- Prepare bid stage method statements, programme proposals and technical explanation proposals
Applications are welcome from candidates who have:
- A minimum qualification of HND Civil Engineering
- Site experience gained at Section Engineer or Sub Agent level in a civils / rail environment
- Excellent technical knowledge
- An aptitude for technical writing and strong desire to change career direction and work in an office based role.
- The ability to build and maintain strong business relationships and the skills to negotiate and influence key stakeholders
This is a great opportunity to join a very busy and rapidly expanding contractor which has a well deserved reputation as being a great place to work.