Deanston Cooper is currently recruiting for a Health and Safety Advisor to work for a highly successful, privately owned construction company based in the South Side of Glasgow.
Reporting to the Health and Safety Manager, duties include:
- Offering competent and constructive health and safety advice to project teams.
- Working with project teams to ensure a high standard of health and safety performance is delivered across the project.
- Conducting site based activities such as audits and inspections etc.
- Carrying out incident / near-miss investigations when required.
- Carrying out risk assessments and writing method statements.
- Being a proactive health and safety influence and developing a positive culture.
- Assisting in the design and development of the health and safety strategy.
- Liaising with various contractors on site, the project delivery team and the client on all health and safety related matters.
Applications are welcome from candidates who have gained Health & Safety experience working for either a building contractor, civil engineering contractor or house builder. You will hold a relevant H&S qualification and heave excellent interpersonal and communication skills.