Deanston Cooper's client, a highly successful civil engineering contractor with an exceptionally low turnover of staff, has a current requirement for a General Foreman to work on Scottish Water projects as part of a long term framework.
Working on projects in the Glasgow / Ayrshire area, your duties as General Foreman will include:
- Management of operational activities
- Ensuring that all plant and equipment is suitable for purpose
- Management of the operational activities of the supply chain
- Maintaining operational records
- Putting into action the plans for works
- Organising sub-contractors for the work
- Ensuring that all projects are completed on time and budget
- Ensuring that the necessary resources are available to deliver the required performance
- Monitoring performance standards
- Ensuring that all health, safety, environmental and quality procedures are maintained
- Effectively liaising and managing operational interfaces
- Organising the logistics of the site
Applications are welcome from experienced General Foreman who:
- Have gained experience working for another Civil Engineering contractor
- Have worked on a wide variety of civils projects.
- Ideally have some Scottish Water / deep drainage experience
- Have a non-confrontational manner and good knowledge of safety and environmental legislation.