This job is no longer available.
You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Deanston Cooper is currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to work for a national civil engineering contractor on a variety of projects including roads, bridges and infrastructure. This is an excellent opportunity to work a company that has a great reputation in the marketplace.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, duties include:
- Prompt presentation of all applications for payment, including all contractual entitlements.
- Ensuring that payments are received in accordance with the contract terms.
- Prompt submission of estimate / tendering information to the client.
- Prompt presentation of Final Accounts, including negotiation of all contractual entitlements.
- Prompt presentation of weekly cost / value information, delivery schedules and associated Key Performance Indicator (KPI) data.
- Preparation and presentation of Monthly Cost/Value Reconciliations and Final Cost/Value Forecasts.
- Preparation and presentation of forward work schedules and cash flows.
- Procurement, negotiation and placing of Sub-contract Orders.
- Financial and commercial management of Sub-contractors through to settlement of their Final Accounts.
- Ensuring that all contractual letters/ notices and information are presented in accordance with the contract requirements.
- Preparation of appropriate documentation in support of additional payment, variations, claims etc.
- Commercial support to the site and contracts management team.
- Commercial support to the Estimating and Procurement teams.
- Close liaison with the client on all commercial matters, including preparation and submission of supporting information.
Applications are welcome from candidates with:
- Minimum qualifications of HND Quantity Surveying
- Previous experience working on civil engineering projects
- NEC experience
- Excellent communication skills