Deanston Cooper is current recruiting for a Senior QS to work for a national civil engineering contractor on projects such as roads, infrastructure, bridges and rail across the Central Belt.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the complete financial and contractual control of Civil Engineering projects to ensure that profitability is maximised, the companyâ€™s interests are protected and to forecast, monitor and report accurately and timeously.
- To liaise with the operational management and advise on all matters relating to Contract and Commercial issues.
- To maintain accurate financial control systems and report monthly on Cost/Value Reconciliation.
- To liaise with and advise on all financial aspects of contracts, ensuring that valuations are maximised, certified and paid on time.
- To monitor progress on site and take a lead issuing required notices in accordance with contract procedures and timescales.
- To prepare forecasts of cost and value of all trades including Preliminaries, monitor and report on same.
- To prepare Preliminaries budgets in association with contract staff, monitor and report on same.
- To ensure that all quotations are carefully vetted and comply with the specification ensuring that the most competitive bids are obtained.
- To ensure that monthly meetings are held to agree variations and not left to the final account stage.
- To ensure that quotations for additional works are accurate and received on time.
- To manage subcontractors accounts accurately and effectively to enhance contract performance.
- Attend Progress and other meetings as necessary to represent the companyâ€™s interests.
- To assist the Project Manager and site management team, as required, securing labour, materials and Sub-contractors to ensure that contracts are completed on time and within budget.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of HNC Quantity Surveying
- Previous experience of working for a civil engineering contractor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Budget compilation and management
- Analytical & problem solving skills
- Negotiating skills
- Objective setting