Deanston Cooper's client, the UK's leading supplier of district heating solutions, has a current requirement for a Quantity Surveyor to work out of their Motherwell office on projects across Scotland.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for an organisation that has a real family feel to it and a well-deserved reputation in the marketplace for looking after their employees and being a great place to work.
As a Quantity Surveyor you will work closely with the project teams to manage commercial activities across a number of projects with key responsibilities including:
- Reviewing contract documentation and contractual terms and conditions, negotiating amendments with the client where required
- Monitoring commercial risk and assisting in implementation of agreed mitigation measures taking ownership for the commercial risk register
- Preparing and issuing enquiries for major plant & equipment and sub-contract packages, reviewing tender returns and progressing through to order placement.
- Preparing and submitting applications for payment and invoices, obtaining payment certificates and progressing client payments in accordance with contractual provisions
- Measuring, submitting and agreeing variations, loss and expenses or compensation events in accordance with contractual provisions to facilitate prompt agreement of final accounts
- Preparing and submitting monthly cost value reconciliations and cash/ spend profiles
- Attending monthly contract review meetings
- Measuring, certifying, and agreeing sub-contractor interim valuations and final accounts.
- Preparing and issue of contractual notices to sub-contractors
- Assisting the Finance Department in securing payment of invoices and/or applications for payment
Applications for the role of Senior Quantity Surveyor are welcome from candidates:
- Qualified to a minimum level of HND Quantity Surveying
- Previous experience of the M&E, Energy, Power or Renewable Energy sectors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills