Deanston Cooper's client, the UK's leading supplier of district heating solutions, has a current requirement for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to work out of their Motherwell office on projects across Scotland.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for an organisation that has a real family feel to it and a well-deserved reputation in the marketplace for looking after their employees and being a great place to work.
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor you will work closely with the project teams to manage commercial activities across a number of projects with key responsibilities including:
- Reviewing contract documentation upon receipt from client to ensure compatibility with the company’s tender and subsequent negotiations
- Assessing contractual terms and conditions and negotiating amendments with the client where required by the Commercial Manager
- Producing commercial risk register for each contract. Monitoring risk and assisting in implementation of agreed mitigation measures
- Preparing and issuing enquiries for major plant & equipment and sub-contract packages
- Reviewing quotations commercially and negotiating price and terms with vendors
- Preparing and submitting applications for payment and/or Invoices, obtaining payment certificates and progressing client payments in accordance with contractual provisions.
- Measuring, submitting and agreeing variations, loss & expense and/or compensation events in accordance with contractual provisions to facilitate prompt agreement of final accounts.
- Monitoring on-site record keeping. Preparing and issuing notices in accordance with contractual provisions.
- Preparing and submitting monthly cost value reconciliations and cash/ spend profiles.
- Attending contract review meetings.
- Measuring, certifying and agreeing sub-contractors interim valuations and final accounts.
- Preparing and issuing contractual notices to sub-contractors.
- Assisting the Finance Department in securing payment of invoices and/or applications for payment
Applications for the role of Senior Quantity Surveyor are welcome from candidates:
- Qualified to a minimum level of HND Quantity Surveying
- Previous experience of the M&E, Energy, Power or Renewable Energy sectors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills