To provide a full secretarial service to between 1 and 3 senior managers. Proactively takes responsibility for the diary management and logistical arrangements of exec/ manager(s), by using initiative and forward thinking. Requires high level of business awareness. May be required to travel with manager(s). • Make travel arrangements, both within the UK and overseas, including flights, rail tickets, hire cars and hotels, using initiative to ensure all aspects of travel are effectively coordinated with minimal direction from manager. Produce full itinerary.
• Control several electronic diaries, arrange and support meetings at all levels. Understand where preparation time is required before meetings, and understand which meetings take priority over others.
• Co-ordinate arrangements as requested, for a variety of meetings (internally and externally), assemble appropriate material (eg briefing packs) in advance, and check facilities are functional prior to meeting. Compile agendas, arrange presenters and collate presentations onto one laptop prior to meetings.
• Operate a “Bring Forward” system, in either paper or electronic format, ensuring the most current information is given to manager before meetings. Also use Bring Forward system to ensure managers’ actions are chased.
• Accept incoming telephone calls and transfer them to the appropriate extension, in a professional manner, sifting calls where appropriate by either dealing with requests or routing calls to appropriate staff.
• Sift manager's emails; respond to those relating to meeting requests / diary management and other straightforward correspondence and queries. Make manager aware of actions and chase on manager’s behalf. In manager’s absence, divert emails requiring urgent action to appropriate delegates. (All within agreed guidelines.)
• Undertake word processing duties, including formatting documents prepared by manager/team members, and typing reports as requested.
• Create and amend advanced MS Excel spreadsheets, using formulas, lookup data, pivot tables, charts, etc, as necessary.
• Create and amend advanced MS Powerpoint presentations, compiling data from various sources, and using pictures, animation, sound, hyperlinks, etc, as necessary.
• Utilise other IT systems as required, eg Buysite, WSS, Open Options, MS Access, MS Project, SAP, JIMS, Primavera, Collage, etc.
• Notify Reception of external visitors, ensuring any security requirements are made, escort visitors from and to Reception, and put them in contact with the person required
• Carry out administrative activities to facilitate the smooth provision of services, organising repairs required and general maintenance of utilities in order to ensure an efficient and safe working environment
• To facilitate the ordering and distribution of stationery, in accordance with agreed guidelines
• Maintain, modify or develop a departmental filing system (paper/electronic), which ensures that documentation is easily accessible. Create and maintain a soft document library of presentation and other types of documents, developing a sound knowledge of the topics covered.
• Compile and maintain a list of internal and external customers and suppliers, with appropriate contact details, for use by managers & teams.
• Provide support to facilitate compliance with company processes (eg Travel Policy, Conference Policy, Security processes)
• Scan documentation as required, and store electronically.
Draft, compile or collate and type reports incorporating information from a variety of sources. Progress approval, signature and circulation of reports as required.
• Attend meetings with manager(s), facilitating where appropriate, take minutes, type minutes and ensure minutes are circulated to appropriate distribution.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• NVQ in Business Administration (Level 3).
• Advanced level of MS Word, Excel, MS Powerpoint and MS Outlook
• Very good awareness of MBDA’s key products, its organisation structure and where own directorate/ department fits, MBDA’s business objectives, and own directorate/ dept’s objectives, and MBDA’s main customers and suppliers, enhanced by a broad experience of working in different projects/ functions/directorates.
• Achievement of French language training.
• Good written and verbal communication skills, using accurate spelling and grammar
• Fast, accurate keyboard skills
Primavera/MS Poject or MS Access