Deanston Cooper's client, a leading civil engineering contractor operating across the Central Belt of Scotland, has a current requirement for a Site Agent.
Based out of the Glasgow office and reporting to the Contracts Manager, you will be responsible for managing multiple rail related civil engineering projects across the Central Belt.
Duties will include:
- Managing and optimising the construction programme
- Managing and minimising construction costs
- Fostering and maintaining good working relationships with the client and client representatives
- Leading Safety Management on site for all activities, suppliers and subcontractors
- Providing timely and accurate reports, forecasts and budgets for internal purposes
- Leading, motivating and monitoring the site team and developing the strategy as required
- Managing the supply chain
- Supporting all business objectives
Applications are welcome from candidates with:
- A minimum qualification of HNC Civil Engineering
- Sub Agent or Site Agent experience gained working for another civil engineering contractor
- Ideally previous rail experience
- Knowledge of safety and environmental legislation
- Good IT skills
- Positive and proactive approach to problem solving
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a very busy contractor with a well earned reputation in the marketplace as being a great place to work.